Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
julie c.

Default WHY CAN'T I GET MY COLUMN TO SUM?

Just started using excel yesterday. This program is great. I realized my
formula resulted in text. Recalculated formula to give a numerical result.
Thanks for your time! I bet I have alot to learn. Thanks again, Julie C.

"Max" wrote:

"julie c." wrote:
i can get certain columns to sum, but not others, why???

One guess is that the numbers in the col are "text numbers"
Try this to convert to real numbers:
Input in an empty cell the number 1, then copy it
Then right-click on the col paste special multiply ok

--
Max
Singapore