Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ket

Default Data Filter and AutoSum

Rob,

Thanks for your note. It is the former. I was aware that I could do
the autosum afterwards, I was being lazy ;-) and wondered if I could
have the sum total automatically reflect the filtered data without
the additional mouse clicks?

Any ideas?

On Fri, 12 May 2006 05:54:43 -0500, broro183
wrote:

Hi Ket,

Do you want the filtered data to show the total of just the visible
cells (after filtering) or of all the data that was there before the
filter is applied?

If the former, apply your filter then press the autosum icon, this will
result in the formula appearing as =subtotal(...
(have a look at help [F1] for an explanation of the different types)

If the latter, don't apply the filter, press the autosum icon, this
will result in the formula appearing as =sum(...

hth
Rob Brockett
NZ
Always learning & the best way to learn is to experience...