Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ardus Petus

Default "IF" Formula Query

=IF(B-A<1000,"Y",IF(B-A=1000,"R","G")

FormatConditional Format
Condition 1: Cell value is equal to Y, click Format select Yellow
Click Add
Condition 2: Cell value is equal to G, click Format select Green
Click Add
Condition3 Cell value is equal to R, click Format select Red

Et voilà!

--
AP

"Langoose" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
I'm want to use an "IF" formula to compare the values in two cells and
return
the following...

IF cell A is equal to cell B I want the formula cell to be yellow with a
"Y"
in it
IF cell A is greater than cell B I want the formula cell to be green with
"G" in it
IF cell A is smaller than cell B by more than 1000 I want the formula cell
to be red with an "R" in it
IF cell A is smaller than cell B by less than 1000 I want the formula cell
to be yellow with a "Y" in it

Hope that makes sense, any help would be greatly appreciated...