Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Worthy

Default How do I display the full file path for a hyperlink in Office

Dave,

This is fine, however it means writing the full file path in the function
each time. (I need to do this for various file locations so it could be quite
time consuming writing the path names in manually).

It was easy in Office 2000 to insert a hyperlink because you tell it where
the file is by selecting it when you insert the Hyperlink.

Any other suggestions?

--
Paul

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You could always use the =hyperlink() worksheet formula:
=hyperlink("\\uup-rep-d...etc","Click me!")

Worthy wrote:

I am writing user manuals for a series of reports I produce and I'm using
hyperlinks to show where reports are stored. When I insert the hyperlink it
loses the full name of the file path and replaces it with the drive letter
that the report is stored on. (i.e. instead of
\\uup-rep-dx89\MI_Reports\daily\test.xls the hyperlink is shown as
E:\MI_Reports\daily\test.xls.)

Although the hyperlink will still work, it is not very practical for
somebody to follow the user manual if they have a print out because network
drives can be mapped to different drive letters.

Hope this makes sense and hope somebody can help!

Cheers

--

Dave Peterson