Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bthieson

Default Summing every third cell

Okay it works, but now I need to understand why. In the first formula we
used, the mod() had to equal 2, and in the second it had to equal 0. Now
I had a formula that I was trying before and I was always using equal to
0, why would it be 2 in the case of the first formula? I assumed that
because I was looking for every third column starting at the point I
did, that would mean I would want to mod() 3 and search for a 0. If you
wouldn't mind explaining the 2 to me, I would definately appreciate it.
The other thing I didn't understand in the formula, was the (--)? What
does that do. In my initial formula, I was using an if statement where
you had the (--). What is it?

-Ben

--
bthieson