Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
0-0 Wai Wai ^-^

Default Extract information from the list

Hi.
I think it's going to be difficult to satisfy my requests.
Anyway, I have a list of symbols in column A like the following:
00001 = xxx (it refers to...)
00305 = ysu (it refers to...)
01203 = ghst (it refers to...)
04506 = bkse (it refers to...)
12340 = fist (it refers to...)

Does anyone know if there're any function which can do the following:

1)
I would like to take the (number) symbol out to column B.
Any redundant "0" has to be removed (eg 00001 -- 1; 01203 -- 1203).

2)
I would like to take the text symbol out to column C (eg xxx, ysu, ghst)

3)
Finally, the description to column D.
Remove the brackets.
Remove the phrase "it refers to".

As a note, it's best if it can be done by a function as the list is frequently
updated.
Thank you!

Windows XP
Office XP