Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Default Array formula using two columns and countif

Dave,

Is this what you mean

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Current!J1:J1000="Value
A"),--(DATEDIF(Current!AQ1:AQ1000,TODAY(),"D")180))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Dave" wrote in message
That worked perfectly, thanks!

Trying to build just one more bit of functionality on it and make it
lookforward to a date, like the end of a month. The H column in the

Current
worksheet is a calculated age {formula I use is

=DATEDIF(AQ17,TODAY(),"D") }.
Would it be simpler jsut to add another column on that calculates the age

as
of a date and then point the forumla there instead of H, or can I imbed

this
into the formula as well?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Current!J1:J1000="Value A"),--(Current!H1:H1000180))

Note that SUMPRODUCT doesn't work with complete columns, you have to

specify
a range.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Dave" wrote in message
Hello,

Having trouble getting Excel to compute a value based on two columns

on
another sheet. What I need it to do is see if column A has the value

specify, then look in column B and see if that date figure is greater

than
180 days, and then count it. So I might have 45 that meet criteria A,

but
then need to find items in that subset that meet criteria B.

My attempt was
=countif(if(COUNTIF(Current!J:J,"Value A",Current!H:H,"180"))) which

isn't
completing.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!