Ourania

Default Averaging Numbers when 2 numbers in one cell

I am using an Excel spreadsheet with 2 numbers in every cell separated my a
comma and a space (45, 55) and want to calculate the average for only the
left numbers across a variety of cells [(45,55) (55,55) (65,85)]. Here the
averages I am looking for would be 55 for the left set of numbers and 65 for
the right set. I was wondering if there is any way to do this automatically
in Excel instead of going through and doing them all manually. Any help you
can provide would be most appreciated.