Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Irene

Default Find a value and return a corresponding number

Hi!

This is my problem:
I am working on a list A1:B1000.
Colum A contain nr values and colum B contain string values.
I don't want duplicate values in the B colum of the list so I have
formatted the list with Validation to notice me when I type in a string
value that already excist.

But I wonder if it is possible not only to give me this notice but to
return the corresponding value in colum A?

Example: In the end of the list at cell B1034 I type the word Norway.
This word already excist in cell B55, so i am noticed and the value in
cell A55 is returned to me.

regards, Irene

--
Irene