Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Basher Bates

Default Converting to Absolute Cell References - en bloc

Thanks Peo, all new territory for me. I'll give it a go and let you know how
I get on.
I did try pressing F4 but that just cleared all the entries within the
selection and I had to "Undo".

Kind regards

Ken

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

You can use F4 to toggle the references, or you could use a macro

I use 4 different macros,
press Alt + F11, click insertmodule and paste in

Sub ReltoAbs()
Dim Cell As Range
For Each Cell In Selection
Cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula(Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1,
xlAbsolute)
Next
End Sub

Sub AbstoRel()
Dim Cell As Range
For Each Cell In Selection
Cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula(Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1,
xlRelative)
Next
End Sub

Sub RelColAbsRows()
Dim Cell As Range
For Each Cell In Selection
Cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula(Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1,
xlAbsRowRelColumn)
Next
End Sub

Sub RelRowsAbsCol()
Dim Cell As Range
For Each Cell In Selection
Cell.Formula = Application.ConvertFormula(Cell.Formula, xlA1, xlA1,
xlRelRowAbsColumn)
Next
End Sub

beware of line wrapping

press Alt + Q to close the VBE, now select the formulas and run the first of
them by pressing Alt + F8 and select the macro. If you want to make it
available for future workbooks you can put the macro in your
Personal.xls

"Basher Bates" wrote in message
I have several similar worksheets with cross-referenced cells.
When I set the original up, I just used normal cell references, eg.
Data!AF109, Data!AF110, etc.

It would be a great convenience for me if I could re-define all these
references as absolute, so that I can copy them into a different part of
the
worksheet. They would then become Data!$AF$109, Data!$AF$110, etc.

Is there a way I can do this without re-typing all the formulae?