Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Liz Steffen

Default SUM of INDEX lookups

Gotcha. Here is sample data.

Col A Col B Col C Col D Col E
DtHdrDate Shift AvailMin Oper_Breaks Oper_StickerMach
5/5/2006 2 480 0 0
5/5/2006 1 480 24 14
5/4/2006 1 480 24 0
5/4/2006 2 480 12 0
5/3/2006 1 480 20 0
4/28/2006 1 480 20 0
4/28/2006 2 480 20 0
4/27/2006 1 480 20 0
4/27/2006 2 480 20 0
4/26/2006 1 480 20 0

What I am trying to do is a year-to-date sum of each shift for each
category, like Oper_Breaks. I have the data in one sheet and use INDEX/MATCH
to get each date's information, but can't figure out how to get year-to-date
or month-to-date.
-----
Thank you,
Liz

"Duke Carey" wrote:

So, every time a 1 appears in B1:B700 you want to sum everything from column
A to column FS? That means you want to sum the 1s in column B, too?

Doesn't sound reasonable. How about a clearer explanation of what you want
to accomplish, please?

"Liz Steffen" wrote:

Here is my syntax for summing looked up fields. What it is doing is looking
up all downtime minutes in the Header sheet for shift 1. But I get #REF as
the answer. Can someone please help? A57 hold 1 for the shift number,
B1:B700 holds the shift number in the data and A:FS is the enitre data set.

=SUM(INDEX(Header!A:FS,MATCH(A57,Header!B1:B700,0) ))

--
-----
Thank you,