Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Duke Carey

Default SUM of INDEX lookups

So, every time a 1 appears in B1:B700 you want to sum everything from column
A to column FS? That means you want to sum the 1s in column B, too?

Doesn't sound reasonable. How about a clearer explanation of what you want
to accomplish, please?

"Liz Steffen" wrote:

Here is my syntax for summing looked up fields. What it is doing is looking
up all downtime minutes in the Header sheet for shift 1. But I get #REF as
the answer. Can someone please help? A57 hold 1 for the shift number,
B1:B700 holds the shift number in the data and A:FS is the enitre data set.

=SUM(INDEX(Header!A:FS,MATCH(A57,Header!B1:B700,0) ))

--
-----
Thank you,