Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GT

Default save a backup copy in different folder

Thanks Chuck--Unfortunately I know nothing about programming, so unless these
are easy changes I guess I'm out of luck.

ps I liked your summary. I got most of it except the MMOUS2k?

"CLR" wrote:

Here's some code that might do the job you want.........

Sub SaveArchive2()
' ================================================== =========
' Saves the workbook to a predetermined Archive Directory and appends date
and time to filename,
' then re-configures file so it will naturally be saved to the directory
from whence it came.
'
CurrentPath = CurDir
ArchivePath = "c:\TypeYourArchivePathHere"
WorkBookName = ActiveWorkbook.Name
FName = ArchivePath
FName = FName + Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("AH36").Value 'Used to name
archived file to cell value
FName = FName + Str(Hour(Time)) + "_" + Str(Minute(Time)) + "_" +
Str(Second(Time))
FName = FName + "_" + Str(Month(Date)) + "_" + Str(Day(Date)) + "_" +
Str(Year(Date))

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FName
FName = CurrentPath + "\" + WorkBookName
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FName
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"GT" wrote:

Is there a way to save a backup copy od xl2k workbook in a DIFFERENT folder
than the original? With mutliple workbooks folder becomes too cluttered.

Thx