Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ERR229

Default How do I remove (form) check-boxes from multiple excel fields?

You need to select them using the Drawing selection tool. First view the
Drawing tool bar (ViewToolbarsDrawing). The toolbar appears at the bottom
of the screen. Click the Select Objects tool (it's a white arrow). Once you
turned on that tool, you can select and delete your check boxes.

Hope it helps!
--
ERR229

"ATSANAC" wrote:

I've introduced tick-boxes from the forms tool-bar into multiple cells in an
excel spredsheet. These work fine, i.e. clicking the box ticks it or clears
the tick; however, when I tried to remove these tick-boxes, none of the
standard excel methods to clear the cells seem to work. Clear-contents does
not remove the tick-box from the cell, nor does hitting the delete key on a
selected cell. Deleting an entire column of cells with tick-boxes just shifts
the tick-boxes to adjacent column that replaced the deleted one. I could
simply copy all but the tick-boxed cells into a new workbook, but there must
be an easier way.