Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
pdberger

Default Date Population

achapman -- this is kind of brute force and maybe someone will have something
more elegant. But here's one way, involving lookup tables.

First, on some place that won't show up on the timecard, create a little
table as follows. I'm putting it out at $Y$1:$Z$7, just as an example
Y Z
1 1 Monday
2 2 Tuesday
3 3 Wednesday
etc.

Then
A B
1 Pay Period Ending 5/20/06
2
3 =b1-15 =b1-14
4 =VLOOKUP(WEEKDAY(A3),$Y$1:$Z$7,2)

tried it. think it works.

HTH

"achapman" wrote:

I looked through all the message threads before asking this question.
Hopefully, I didn't miss the answer if it has already been stated.

I have a timesheet. A1 is the "Pay Period Ending x/xx/xxx". I want it so
that when someone enters a date in A1, the date appears in the cells above
the cells labeled Sunday - Saturday. I have 3 weeks in the timesheet because
pay periods are by the date and not the day of the week. We want to make it
easy for the employees by having the date automatically populate by the pay
period date.

It should look like the following:

Pay Period Ending 5/20/06

5/7 5/8 5/9 5/10 5/11
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thur etc.

In other words, whatever the date, the calculation will start with the
Sunday at least 2 weeks prior...