Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
David Biddulph

Default Graphing Variable-length columns

"Ben M" <Ben wrote in message
Hi, I have a situation where I have a spreadsheet with 2 columns, A and B.
Column A is the date and Column B is the # of bids we have submitted on
that
day.

I create a graph based on those columns, that shows the date on the X-axis
and the # on the Y-axis.

But I would like the graph to be updated automatically everytime I add a
new
row to the spreadsheet. So that tomorrow, when I add the row for May 10,
the
chart will reflect May 10 without requiring me to recreate the chart.

Is this possible? I've tried everything I can think of and it hasn't
worked.

If your source data says something like =Sheet1!$A$1:$A$3 change it to
=Sheet1!$A:$A

If you add a new row you may get odd warnings about exceeding 32000 points,
but it still seems to work.
--
David Biddulph