Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rob_T

Default Sort of VLOOKUP

Damon Longworth Wrote:
With sorted data, you can use vlookup with the True option instead of
False.
Have a look in Help for the difference between the two options.

--
Damon Longworth

Yes, with false it has to be an exact match.

With true it uses the "nearest" value. Which actually means it carries
on using one value until it comes to the next one (i.e. in this case if
my area is 0.015 it returns 60). I need it to return the next hightest
value once it's gone past the change (i.e. in this case, for area of
0.015 I need it to return 120).

I was hoping that there might be a similar sort of formua or a
different way of using vlookup to do what I want. Any more ideas?

Cheers,

Rob

--
Rob_T