Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Stefi

Default Sort of VLOOKUP

Use this table:

area plunger diameter
0,000 60
0,010 120
0,022 400
0,072 1000
0,180 2500
0,450 4000
0,720

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Rob_T€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

I've got some data and I need something like vlookup. I've got a
spreadsheet that I can't change which has the following info:

Col A --- Col B
area ---- plunger diameter
0.01 ---- 60
0.022 --- 120
0.072 --- 400
0.18 ---- 1000
0.45 ---- 2500
0.72 ---- 4000

I need to return a value for the size of plunger needed given a certain
area.

However, vlookup returns the value on the same row, i.e. if I have an
area of 0.015 it returns 60. What I actually need is that for up to
0.01 it returns 60, then for up to 0.022 it returns 120 etc.

I'm sure there's a really simple way of doing it. Currently the only
way I've found to do it is a load of nested IF statements (and if the
data needs extending this can get messy). Is there any way of using
vlookup or something similar.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

--