Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike McLellan

Default AND Function

The expression that I want to evaluate is along the following lines:

=IF(AND(FileExists(name),FileSize(name)25000)

If the file doesn't exist, then the second argument will fail.

I think the best answer is probably to force the FileSize function to return
0 if the file doesn't exist

Thanks for your help

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

I don't understand, what difference does it make? As long as a False
condition evaluates to False, isn't that OK? It would make a difference with
OR, but not AND.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Mike McLellan" wrote in message
Does the AND function always evaluate all arguments or only until it comes
across the first one that evaluates as FALSE? If the former is the case,

is
there any way to make it work the second way without using a n ested IF
statement?