Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Christine Edwards

Default Returning a Value by Matching Two Columns of Data

In one sheet (School 101) I am trying to pull in the information in the
amount column using a formula that compares the information in both columns
A&B from a sheet called Roster Database and returning the information
contained in column C when a match is found ie when a match is found for DOE,
JAMES it returns $40,000. The information is set up as follows:

Roster Database
A B C
1 LAST FIRST AMOUNT
2 DOE JAMES 40,000
3 DOE JANE 20,000
4 DUNN BOB 35,500
5 GROW MIKE 10,000

School 101
D E F
1 LAST FIRST AMOUNT
2 DOE JANE
3 GROW MIKE

I have used the following function:
in Cell F2 =Index(C2:C5,Match(D1&E1,A2:A5&B2:B5),0))
Cell C2 should have $20,000 and C3 should have $10,000. When I use this
formula I am receiving the error #Value.

I hope that someone can help.

Thanks
--
Christine Edwards