Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Miguel Zapico

Default comparing cells

You may use this formula in column D:
=IF(A2=B2,C2,"")
It will show blank if A and B are not equal, you may change that default
value.

Hope this helps,
Miguel.

"Help me" wrote:

I am trying to figure out how I can compare the information in two different
cells. The cells contain both letters and numbers. If a cell in column "A" is
equal to a cell in column "B" then I want the information in column "C" that
is on the same row as the as the information in coumn "B" to be placed in
column "D" that is in the same row as the information that is being compared
in column "A". Is this possible? So if A1=column B then the cell next to B
(C)would be put in cell "D" in the same row as A.