Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Brian

Default Compare multiple dates, can enumerate cell based on most recent date

Thanks Pete.

But, I'm not sure that this is doing what I want.
I want to compare the 4 values in each successive rows against the values in
just that row.

Example: I3 thru L3 are compare just against I3 thru L3 and the column
containing the most recent date enumerates, I4 thru L4 are compared just
against I4 thru L4 and the column containing the most recent date
enumerates.

Is that what you formula does?

Thanks,
Brian

"Pete_UK" wrote in message
ups.com...
Try something like this in cell I1:

=COUNTIF(I3:I100,MAX($I$3:$L$3))

then copy to cells J1, K1 and L1. This assumes you will have up to 100
items in each column - adjust to suit.

Hope this helps.

Pete