Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jitty

Default Convert Text to Numbers

Hello Experts, I wonder if you can help me again.

My company uses SAP R3, and information is downloaded from there into Excel.
I am supposed to do a VLOOKUP to compare material numbers, but the info from
SAP R3 downloads as text rather than numbers, which means my VLOOKUP will not
work. I believe there is an easy method of converting text to numbers using
the =VALUE formula, but I can't get it to work.

Can anybody please help me? At the moment I have to go into every cell with
a formula error, and use the 'Convert to Number' option in the formula error
window.

Thanks very much for any help.
Regards
Janet