Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
gloss

Default Search using multiple worksheet

Still having the same problem

search("mat*",'anotherExcel.xls'!Sheet1'!$E$12)

works but is inefficient for what I want and because I'll be applying this
to multiple fields

search("mat*",'anotherExcel.xls'!Sheet1'!$E$1:$E$1 2) ...*

doesn't work, I initally tried the point method suggested and is exactly the
same formula as above in ...* (except that I grouped my data)

I'm new to excel, only started today, and could have misunderstood by what
you meant by point to the reference (the easier method) could you please
elaborate

Thank you for your help

"Biff" wrote:

See reply in .Misc

Biff

"gloss" wrote in message
Hi

Does anyone have any idea how I can do a search and extract data from a
sparate worksheet

for example

search ("smi*", 'anotherWorksheet.xls'!Users)

does not recurse through the column in the second worksheet

what am i doing wrong?

Any help is much appreciated