Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jwk515

Default cell references increase by 3 per row "=I1" then "=I4"

Thanks for your help.

John K.

"Max" wrote:

"jwk515" wrote:
I am trying to create a spreadsheet that takes the output of column "I" and
will then display it in columns "J-L". I would like columns J to have I1,
I4, I7... and column K to have I2, I5,... going down. How can I create a
formula or refence that will automatically fill these columns in? I have
approximately 3000 entries in column I of which they are concatenate formulas
from the entries in columns A-H.

Put in J1: =INDEX(I:I,ROW(A1)*3-2)
Put in K1: =INDEX(I:I,ROW(A1)*3-1)
Select J1:K1, fill down as far as required to exhaust the data in col I
(until zeros appear)

Another question I have is when using the concatenate formulas, is there
a way to display the various references within the cell in different fonts or
have some in boldface vs regular?

AFAIK, no ..
--
Max