Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
James Silverton

Default spearman rank correlaiton coeffiecent on excel?

"tony" wrote in message
The answer according to Sussex uin is no excel dosent
calculate Spearman,
however their site, to which I was directed to on your advice
expains how I
can manipulate excel to perform the calculation; so thank you

"Mike Middleton" wrote:

tony -

If you browse to google.com and search for

spearman rank correlation coefficient on excel?

you'll get 38,300 hits. Have you tried that? (It helps if you
spell
"correlation coefficient" correctly.)

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com

"tony" wrote in message
does excel perform the spearman rank correllation test?

I wonder why you would actually want to use the rank correlation
method? I always thought it was a remnant of the days when more
exact calculation was tedious but I'd be glad to be enlightened.

--
James Silverton,
Potomac, Maryland