Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
argonaut

Default Entering numbers in a cel formula

Is there a way to do it for an entire column, or multiple rows? I tried to
do it as a macro and for some reason it is not working properly.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Enter this small macro in worksheet code:

Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range)
If Intersect(Range("D1"), Target) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Application.EnableEvents = False
Target.Value = Target.Value + 1.5
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Remember: worksheet code, not a module.
--
Gary's Student

"argonaut" wrote:

This is probably a question that has been brought up before, but I am trying
to set up a cel that will contain a formula, BUT, that I can also enter a
number in the cel and it will preform a caculation based on the formula. In
other words, I want to set up D1 to be =D1+1.5, and when I enter 5 into D1,
then 6.5 is what shows. Is this something I can do with a macro or vba? Any
help is appreciated.