Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Toshiba

Default SumProduct Question

It can be done with VLook up. I have used it in the past and it worked but
don't recall any longer. One thing I know is you will need to make sure that
your left most column will have to have the exact same text in it in order to
do the look up. Sorry I don't have more info.
--
Toshiba

"Jasmine" wrote:

Is it possible to use the Sumproduct formula to search for a particular word
and grab the amount in the next column, but 1 row down? For example, I would
search for region 1, but want to grab the figure in the total loans column
next to Consumer.

Region Loan Type Total Loans
Region 1 Commercial 150000
Consumer 75000
Region 2 Commercial 90000
Consumer 145000

If this is possible, how would the formula be written? Thank you so much!