Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
sandernoteborn

Default Compare rows?

Hello,

Can someone help me with creating a formula to compare some rows.

Let's say I've got a few cell behind eachtother with values.
(A1,B1,C1). I created a macro which copy's these values to the cells
behind these three. So cell D1 has the same value as A1, and E1 like B1
and F1 like C1. Every time I run de macro it will copy the new values.
Now I would like to create a formula who compare's A1 with D1 and
sofurther. That in case I change the value of A1 excel gives me a sign
that A1 is not equal to D1.

I tried to create a Conditional format in another cell because I want a
cell to get colored when there's a change made... But if I select the
cells it only works when I change the first cell (A1 or D1). But it
doesn't color when I change B1 or C1. I just want to see if there's a
change made in the complete first ROW!

Can somebody tell me how to do because my de following conditional
format won't work:

A1:C1<D1:F1

Thanks!

--