Bernie Deitrick

Jose,

The formula Jason provided fails because you have double quotes around your
string values.

Simply select your date values, and use Edit / Replace and replace double
quotes with nothing. Excel will then convert the values to dates.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Jose Mourinho" wrote in message

I recieve date information in text format...i.e. "01-JAN-2005", but would
like to convert it to an Excel format date.

I have seen it done before by using a function to split the text into

parts
(getting excel to read the cell as DD-MMM-YYYY) and output the result

using
DAY, MONTH, YEAR function. No idea how to do this though.

Thanks