Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Richard Buttrey

Default How do I create a list of items in a column?

On Fri, 5 May 2006 21:56:01 -0700, stepaim
wrote:

I would like to create a list of the data in a column. For example: the data
in cell A1 is 92, the data in cell A2 is 76, the data in cell A3 is 112, etc.
I would like to create a formula that would list the data from the A column
into the formula cell (B1) like this: 1234, 1235, 1236. I need to have a list
of all the values in the column so that I can copy and paste it into another
program. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A B
1 92 92, 76, 112, 32, 85
2 76
3 112
4 32
5 85

One way. Insert a column between A&B

Now enter the following

B1: =A1
B2: =B1&","&A2

Now copy B2 down your list. Then with the last cell in col B, do
Edit--F9--Enter, to convert it to a string

You are limited by the number of characters you can have in a single
cell which I believe to be 32767, although only 1024 will display.

HTH

__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK