View Single Post
  #7   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sandy Mann

Default Thursdays dates between 04/16/06 - 05/15/06

Peo,

=DATE(YEAR($A$1),MONTH($A$1),1+7*ROWS($A$1:A1))-4

seems to work just as well as

=DATE(YEAR($A$1),MONTH($A$1),1+7*ROWS($A$1:A1))-WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR($A$1),MON*TH($A$1),8-5))(well,up to January 5 2096 anyway when both formulas fail with #NUM!)May I ask if you have a particular reason for usingWEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR($A$1),MON*TH($A$1),8-5))I was thinking about something like when you advised Dave Peterson the otherday about using ROWS() rather than ROW()--Regards,SandyIn Perth, the ancient capital of with @tiscali.co.uk"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in . .. Use the formula I gave you the other day=DATE(YEAR($A$1),MONTH($A$1),1+7*ROWS($A$1:A1 ))-WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR($A$1),MON*TH($A$1),8-5)) put 04/16/06 in A1 put the formula in A2 and copy down and you'll get the Thursdays -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom http://nwexcelsolutions.com "Carla" wrote in ...I need help writing a formula that will tell me what the dates are for the Thursdays that fall within a specified time period (i.e.04/16/06-05/15/06). I would like each date to fall in it's own cell, so there will either be4 dates of 5 dates depending on the specific month long span of time. Thank you oh genious ones, Carla