Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary''s Student

Default Not sure how to do this, not even sure how to ask the question cle

1. Go to the folder contain the .jpg files
2. Using Notepad, create a file in that folder called pictures.bat
the only line in the file is:

dir *.jpg /b pictures.csv

3. Double-click the .bat file; it will create a file called pictures.csv
4. Double-click pictures.csv and you should have all your filenames in
column A
--
Gary's Student

"rich" wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to return the filename of an image in a folder to a
cell.

The images have names like 1001.jpg, 1002.jpg....3555.jpg. The
spreadsheet has a column with a matching Product Code value:

1001, 1002,...3555

There are more Product Code values than images, and I cannot have the
image names listed if an image for them is not in the folder.

I can import the image names manually into a spreadsheet (or any some
program for that matter - if that helps)

Anyone got any ideas on how I might accomplish this?

--
love, light and peace,

rich