Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
systemx

Default How do I create a list of items in a column?

Hi,

The long way of doing this is -

=A1&","&A2&","&A3

and so on for all values. If there are not too many values and this is
a realtively short list....then this would probably be fine.

Alternatively, you could write a macro to do it for you - I'm not sure
exactly what it would look like but in (almost) plain english...

Dim MyString As String
Dim NextCell As String

Do

MyString = ActiveCell.Value
NextCell = ActiveCell.Offset(1,0).Value

MyString = MyString &","& NextCell

Until NextCell = ""

Well...someone will get the idea of what I am trying to achieve
there....I don't know much vba so my apologies.

I also think there are character limits on excel cells (about 255 from
memory). Although you can get more in there with 'memo' type cells...I
think you can have problems getting the data back out of Excel.

Good luck

Rob

--
systemx