Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Domenic

Default Count the number of unique Numbers in a column

Based on the data supplied, the formula does indeed return 4. If you'd
like, I can email you a sample file. If so, send me your email
address...

In article ,
ajajmannen
wrote:

Tried that to...but it seem like the problem is elsewhere...
I will copy a sample of the to columns in here and maybe you can try
the formula in action.
My Version of excel i 2002 with sp3.
Column N
USER_ID
SE096932
SE096932
SE096932
SE096932
SE096932
INC-97173
INC-97173
SE096932
SE096932

Column A
PROBLEM_ID
1499986
1499986
1499986
1499986
1758434
1929352
1929352
1936837
1936837
If this formula would work then the result for the sample would be 4
Hopefully this will make it easier for you :)
And just for the record....I really appreciate the help.