Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ajajmannen

Default Count the number of unique Numbers in a column

Domenic Wrote:
One possibility is that the numbers in Column A are being recognized as
text. What do you get when you try...

=ISNUMBER(A2)

In article ,
ajajmannen
wrote:

I must say many thanks for all the help.....But It still counts it to

0
and I know that it should be around 700 entries at least.

Please help out.....I don't know what more information to give to be
able to get the correct formula.

You were correct there It gave a false value but I changed that and got
a TRUE value......but it is still giving the result 0.
Ok to give more information: The vaules in Column A is a 7 digit number
like 1937451. The Value in the N Column can look like this: SE96745 or
like INC-095667.
The numbers in Column A can appear several times and i only want to
count how many unique hits i get.
The values in column N can also be NOXXXXX and DKXXXXX but I only want
to count the unique numbers in Column A that meet the condition SE* or
INC*.
I would like to get.

This formula is really getting on my nerv......And again I want to
thank you for helping out and I hope that we will find the answer:)

--
ajajmannen
ajajmannen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34130