Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Debra Dalgleish

Default Pivot Table counts instead of data

If a field contains blank cells, or cells with text, it will default
to COUNT. Otherwise, it will SUM.

To change the function after adding the field:
Right-click on a cell in the Weights column, and choose Field Settings
From the Summarize by list, choose Sum, and click OK

BobS9895 wrote:
I have a worksheet that has one column with weights. Whenever I run
the pivot table, the table has a "count" of the number of weights,
rather than the actual weights themselves. How do I correct this?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures