Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mark Stewart

Default CountIf trouble

Hi I am having a time with Countif statement. Here is what I have

I have a table with some rows that I need to count

Row F
Job Type RowG
Order Status
Sys Ordered
Prg Quoted
Sys Quoted
Prg Ordered
Sys Ordered
Prg Quoted
Sys Quoted
Prg Quoted
Sys Quoted
Sys
Sys Quoted
Sys Quoted
Sys Quoted
Sys

I have tried to write a formula to count the number of times Row F has "Sys"
and Row G has "Ordered"

the formula I thought would work is

=(COUNTIF(F2:F48,"Sys"))*AND(COUNTIF(G2:G15,"Order ed"))

I always get 10 returned. The formula counts Row F but never takes into
account what is in Row G

I need the count to increment only if both conditions are true Row F = Sys
AND row G = Ordered

Any Ideas will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

PS Why does Excel require a * in front of the AND statement?

I have tried many variations of this formula and it either doesn't work or
gives me 10 in return. I need it to return 2

Thanks In Advance!!!!!!!

Mark