Beginner

Hi

Sorry, it works if I enter in the figure from B7 but not if I ref it to the
cell B7 - is there a way around this as the figure in B7 will change & I'll
like it to carry on thru to the next formula?

"Michael" wrote:

It sounds like the other VLOOKUP formula is referring to an inappropriate
reference, hence the #N/A
It might pay to supply more detail and possibly the formulae you are trying
to refer to.
I have used the VLOOKUP to read from another VLOOKUP without any problems.

Regards
Michael

Beginner" wrote:

Thanks for that. It does work what you've suggested but just not with the
cell I want it to work with, that is the cell figure I want to search for on
the second sheet, first column - do you know of any reasons why this would be
happen. The cell I want to work from contains another vlookup formula.

"Beginner" wrote:

Hi

Just need some help as to which function I use. I have a figure in say A1
that I want to match to the same figure in another worksheet in column A &
return what the figure is in column B to show in A2. I've been using the
vlookup and lookup functions but just seem to get back #N/A.

Hope it makes sense, help would be much appreciated.