Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Richard Buttrey

Default Combo box?

On Fri, 5 May 2006 07:03:33 -0500, MWP
wrote:

I am trying to creat a calculator of U values (heat loss) and would like
to use a pull down menu (like in a combo box) for thicknesses of a
composite material to give differing values in another cell. For
example, if I pull down to 20 I would like 0.34 to appear in another
cell and if I pulled down to 30 I would like 0.37 to appear etc. Does
anyone have any ideas or know where I might look? I am a complete
novice on this side of excel so any help much appreciated!

One way

Build a table of values. e.g.

A1=20, B1=.34
A2=30, B2=.37

etc., and name this range say "data"

Now with your combobox set the following properties.

ControlSource: Sheet1!D1
BoundColumn: 2
ColumnCount: 1

When you invoke the combobox you should now see the values in A1:A2 in
the drop down list. Choosing one and dismissing the control will put
the appropriate value from B1:B2 in cell D1.

HTH

__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK