Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Index Match Help Needed Badly

The index match that I was using I found did not work properly, much to
my dismay!
I was using this:
IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH($C60,s1.htm!$A:$A,0)),INDEX(s1.h tm!$E:$E,MATCH(F$2,s1.htm!$D:$D,0)),""),"Inactive" )

There is a "minor" if(index(match...preceding this, but that is not
where the problem is occuring....
What I found was that it was only giving me the 1st lookup it found and
kept returning that value down the range....

What I need this to do is; Find the store # in column A:A s1.htm that
corresponds to the store # in cell C60. Then find the answer I am
looking for in column E:E s1.htm and match that to that with the
question that is in F2 and s1.htm D:D

Obviously I did not do this correct. Can someone help me to figure this
one out?

Thanks a ALOT....got to get this working quickly

Hans J Hamm