Michael

Sorry
Made a typo....your range in Sheet 2 is A1 to B9
And if you want to have A2 show a blank if the data isn't available in the
table range, use the following formula
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A1:B9,2)),"",VLOOKUP(A1 ,Sheet2!A1:B9,2))

HTH Michael

"Michael" wrote:

Hi
If your Range in Sheet 2 is say, A! to B9.
Put the following formula in A2 on the first sheet:
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A1:B9,2)

You will get an #N/A if there is no number in A1 on the first sheet.

HTH Michael

"Beginner" wrote:

Hi

Just need some help as to which function I use. I have a figure in say A1
that I want to match to the same figure in another worksheet in column A &
return what the figure is in column B to show in A2. I've been using the
vlookup and lookup functions but just seem to get back #N/A.

Hope it makes sense, help would be much appreciated.