Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Debra Dalgleish

Default Drop-down menus to store different data

You can use the DataFilterAutoFilter command to apply dropdown lists
to the top row of a table. Then, select an item from one of the dropdown
lists, and only those items are visible in the table.

Update the visible records, then choose DataFilterShow All, to see all
the records.

workerboy wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering if it was possible to use a drop down menu to store
different data for each item in the drop down list. For example if I
had a drop down list with options CATS, DOGS. For both of the two I
want to have exactly the same column header names (eg. No. of Pets, No.
of Blue eyes etc).

I want to be able to choose dogs and update all DOGS fields and vice
versa (all storing just numbers). Then I should be able to extract the
information needed for CATS and DOGS later as needed.

This should allow lot of information to be stored in a worksheet.

Thanks if anyone can help me out with this.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures