Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Miguel Zapico

Default what is "source evaluates to an error"

Probably the list used for validation is using a name or an expresion that is
not valid. Can you post that information? It should be found in menu Data
- Validation for the cell that gives the error.
If it is a name, post also the name definition (menu Insert - Name -
Define).

"Carol" wrote:

I am trying to fix a spreadsheet. When I try to use the drop down boxes and
List, I get the following message.source evaluates to an error. Help Do you
know what is wrong?