Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Curt1521

Default Deleting and shifting cells and columns

Is there any way to shift cells to replace cells that I have deleted.
If I have 3 columns, and I delete an entry in column 1, is there any
way to get the data to shift up 1 cell, and have the cell on top of
column 2, automatically move to the bottom of row 1, and the top cell
on column 3, move to the bottom of column 2.

For examle, 3 columns, and 5 rows
Column A Column B Column C
Row 1) Jim John Frank
Row 2) Ryan Jamal Anne
Row 3) Burt Andy Tom
Row 4) Miguel Kris Paul
Row 5) Todd Missy Dianne

If I delete Burt out of Row A-3, I want Miguel to move up to Row A-3,
Todd to A-4, and John to Column A-5, Jamal to B-1 and Frank to B-5,
Anne to C-1, and so on...

I know you could just delete the Cell A-3, and then drag B-1 to A-5,
and C-1 to B-5, but I'm looking for an easier way.
Thanks for your help.