Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
James Silverton

Default Linear Trendline

Mike wrote on Thu, 4 May 2006 10:40:00 -0700:

MM I don't understand what other "formulas" you are looking
MM for.

MM For example, the XY data is used by the INTERCEPT and SLOPE
MM functions (or by the chart trendline feature), and the
MM fitted Y values for the line are determined using
MM =INTERCEPT+SLOPE *X.

MM What more do you want?

MM - Mike

MM "maperalia" wrote in
MM message
?? Mike;
?? Thanks for your quick reponse.
?? I have read the information you adviced me. This
?? information shows how the formulas to create a linear
?? trend from this points However, what I am looking is the
?? formulas where excel takes these point and adjust them to
?? make a linear trendline.
?? ?? Wher do you think I can get this information?

I woder if the OP wants the actual details of calculating the
slope and intercept? The equations are given in HELP, AFAIK.

James Silverton.