Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

Default Delete rows with duplicate values

"Smohrman" wrote:
Thank you Max! I had trouble with the syntax at first, but simply renamed my
sheets to X and Y and copied the formula you had in A1 through D1 in the
online example, copied it down and it worked.

You're welcome ! Yes, it's easier to get it up and working first.
Then if needed, we can change** the sheetnames to taste,
and Excel would handle the sheetname change in the formulas automatically*
*except for some formulas, eg: INDIRECT
**albeit it's better to use short sheetnames whenever possible

I then had to autofilter col D for non-blanks, copy and paste the results to
another sheet to see the actual number of non-duplicated entries from column
A. Is that step necessary or am I missing something?

No, the above shouldn't be necessary <g.
The results (only unique lines) should already appear in cols A to C,
bunched at the top. Col D is a helper col (can be hidden away).

And if we want to copy and paste the results elsewhere,
we could use paste special check "values" ok
--
Max
Singapore