Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike Lindsay

Default Need Help w/ VLookup Formatting

Ok, ignoring the formula is there a way to set up the sheet to copy the
formatting. You provided excellent assistance on how to have the cells
automatically size themselves to the text being copied, can something similar
be done using the "view code" option for the sheet in question to have the
data copied exactly as it is in the data range?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Formulas return values--not formatting.

Maybe you could use some worksheet event that copies and pastes the
cell--depending on how B2 is changed.

Mike Lindsay wrote:

How do I write a macro or a formula that allows me to not just copy the data
in V-Lookup function but the way the data is formatted as well. My Sample
formula is as follows: =VLOOKUP(B2,Sheet2!A1:C4,2). Is there a way to
re-write this formula to copy the formatting as well or possible a macro can
be written?

Appreciations to anyone who can answer this question .

--

Dave Peterson