Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dominic

Default need help with expression

I'm a little confused.

Does the example below match your data?

A B C
value value value
value n/a ???
value value value

Where column C has a formula based on column B.

You would like column C to show N/A when column B shows N/A.

If so, what does column C show now when column B is n/a?

What is the formula in column C?

"Peterpunkin" wrote:

I have 15,000 other rows that contain numbers which are a function of the
cell to their left that I need to not change. I am looking for an entry I
can apply to the whole column that will only change this formula when it
finds an N/A in the cell to the left but otherwise do nothing.
sorry if I was not clear, i'm obviously kind of new at this.

"Gazzr" wrote:

Hi Mate,

Copy this formula into cell G19, assuming that F19 contains #N/A

=IF(F19="#N/A","#N/A","")

Thanks
gazzr

--