Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Penny

Default Entering a range of numbers and searching same

Thank you Chuck for your response. I'm giving this a try now. I really
appreciate all of the help.

Best wishes,
Penny

"CLR" wrote:

First, I would separate your numbers into two columns, say A and B, then on
cell A1, do Format ConditionalFormat FormulaIs and in the right window,
put
=AND($A1<=$G$1,$B1=$G$1) and set the Format as Patterns Green, or
whatever.........then just type the number you're looking for in Cell G1 and
the correct combination of cells will light up...........clearcontents on G1
and they go white again............of course, you can use any unused cell in
place of G1, just change the formula accordingly........

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Penny" wrote:

I'm working with numbered documents. Some clients have a range of documents
(12003-12212) I want to search for document 12,198 and pull up the specific
client tied to that document number.

Know of any possible way to make this happen? Thanks again for your time
and assistance.